Stuffing has always been a (much needed) staple in holiday dinners. What’s a turkey without the stuffing? Using the Maximized Grainless Roll recipe as your bread base, you can enjoy the classic dish grain-free! It’s so delicious your guests will never know the difference!
- 1 to 2 cups (depending on the size of your turkey) chopped organic celery and chopped organic cooking onions
- 2 cloves minced garlic (optional)
- 3 to 5 cups (again depending on the size of your turkey) bite sized cubed pieces of Grainless Rolls (usually 5 or 6 rolls)
- 2 – 3 tablespoons grass fed butter
- 2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 organic free run large or extra large eggs
- 1/2 cup grass fed butter
Seasonings to taste as preferred
- First, gently melt and then cool the 1/2 cup of butter and set it aside.
- Gently melt the 2 – 3 tablespoons of butter and olive oil in your largest sauté pan. Add the celery, onion and garlic, and lightly sauté over medium heat until they just begin to sweat. (The celery will become a brighter green.)
- Add the cubed grainless rolls to the vegetable mixture and stir in to combine.
- In a small bowl, slightly whisk the eggs. Add the eggs to the melted and cooled butter and whisk until combined.
- Pour the butter and egg mixture over the cubed bread and vegetable mixture. Toss over low heat until everything is combined and the egg mixture is heated through.
- Add your spices. I use salt and pepper to taste, a healthy tablespoon full of dried sage, and about the same amount of fresh, finely chopped parsley. (If you use dried then use less.) Again, the amount you use is largely depending on the size of your turkey and the amount of your stuffing. Stir to distribute the spices and TASTE. Adjust seasoning to suit your taste.
- At this point your stuffing is ready to go into the turkey. If you are not roasting the turkey immediately, DO NOT put it into the bird. You can, however, make this stuffing the day or night before and refrigerate it until you stuff and roast the turkey on the big day. Stuff both the neck cavity and the large inner cavity of a rinsed, patted dry organic turkey.