This Maximized version of the French favourite is definitely a must try! These delicious crepes are thin, light, irresistible and versatile. You can mix up the stuffing and toppings, and serve them for breakfast or dessert; the possibilities are endless! For variety, use different kinds of fruit or spread almond butter on the crepe before adding bananas.
- 6 large organic free-range eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, melted plus more for the pan
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Whisk together all ingredients in a bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes while the pan heats so the coconut flour can absorb the liquid, then whisk again. Note: If you find the batter is too thin, add another couple teaspoons of coconut flour, and whisk again.
- Heat a crepe pan or iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in the pan and coat the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Pour ¼ cup of the batter into the hot pan, turning the pan in a circular motion with one hand so the batter spreads thinly around the pan. Alternatively, very quickly use a spatula to spread the batter. Fill any holes with a drop of batter, making sure the pan is fully covered.
- Cook for 1 minute until the edges start to lift. Gently work a spatula under the crepe and flip it over. Cook on the second side for 15 seconds and turn out onto a plate.
- Continue with the remaining batter, stacking the crepes on the plate as you work. Add a little more oil to the pan after about every 3 or 4 crepes or if they begin to stick.
Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- 1 cup coconut milk, warmed
- ½ cup unsweetened cacao powder
- ¾ cup pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
Note: If the dates are not fresh, soak them in boiling water for 10 minutes to soften before blending.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 30 seconds on high, until smooth. Serve as-is or warm over medium heat for 5 minutes for hot fudge sauce.
- Place a crepe on a plate. Slice bananas in a row across the crepe. Roll-up the crepe and drizzle chocolate fudge sauce across the top.