Everyone loves to add a dollop of Chili Lime Butter over steamed vegetables, or on a piece of flax seed bread. This is a great substitute for your usual toppings, adds a great flavor and it is great for a variety of different dishes not just fish. I always make a double batch of it!
Chili Lime Butter for Fish Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted organic butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh Serrano or Jalapeno chili, equivalent to approximately one average sized chili, (including seeds or not, depending on how much heat you want)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients. (I use a food processor.)
- Serve a dollop of this butter with each fillet of any whitefish you prepare.