http://www.drhardick.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Lime-n-Walnut-Coleslaw.jpg 534 800 Lin Hardick https://www.drhardick.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/ximg_DrHardick_logo.png.pagespeed.ic_.oNZjRcGWRC.png Lin Hardick2010-01-22 01:45:002018-09-09 14:09:44Chili, Lime & Walnut Coleslaw
If you have any limes or chilis left over from the Chili Lime Butter recipe then try this Chili, Lime & Walnut Coleslaw. It has been a favorite family salad at my house for years. Leave out the jalapeno if you like it milder.
Chili, Lime & Walnut Coleslaw Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups raw walnut pieces
- 1/2 of a medium‐large cabbage
- 1 basket of tiny cherry tomatoes, washed and quartered (optional – not pictured here)
- 1 jalapeno chili, seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Cut the cabbage into two quarters and cut out the core. Using a knife shred each quarter into whisper thin slices. The key here is bite‐sized and thin. If any pieces look like they might be awkwardly long, cut those in half.
- Combine the cabbage, walnuts, tomatoes, jalapeno (optional), and cilantro or parsley in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the lime juice, olive oil, salt. Add to the cabbage mixture and gently stir.