This “Dorito” Bread is the perfect accompaniment to Caesar Salad or any variety of your favorite chili. But honestly, you will find yourself wanting to munch on the bread alone. . .like the “bad ol’ days” when you polished off a bag of Doritos in front of the TV.
“Dorito” Bread Recipe
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 oz. organic (preferably raw) old cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 organic free-range egg
- Combine all dry ingredients (including grated cheddar) in a bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk egg; then combine it with the dry ingredients.
- Knead the mixture with hands to ensure proper distribution of ingredients. The “dough” will form a ball.
- Form the dough into a large circle about 2/3 inch thick.
- Cut circle into 16 slices.
- Place slices on parchment or silpat lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9 – 10 minutes.
- Open the oven door, turn off the oven, re-close the oven door, and leave the bread in the oven for another 7 – 10 minutes. (If you like a softer consistency, remove the bread when the initial 10 minutes has elapsed.)