This light, colorful Moroccan Chickpea Salad doesn’t require a lot of cooking – making it perfect for hot summer days! Take this meal to your next picnic or barbeque, or serve it to your family any day of the week. Leftovers are also great for tomorrow’s lunch or a quick snack. Serve it alone, or on baby lettuce with a dollop of full fat yogurt sprinkle with pistachios and a side of maximized grainless rolls.
Moroccan Chickpea Salad Recipe
Preparation: 20 minutes
- 4 cups chickpeas, preferably freshly cooked
- 3/4 cup scallions, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, finely diced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice and zest from 1 organic lemon
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt; or more, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- baby lettuce
- full fat yogurt
- maximized grainless rolls
- Rinse and drain chickpeas. Make sure they are dry; use paper towel to pat them dry if necessary.
- In a medium bowl, combine chickpeas, scallions, apricots and parsley then set aside.
- To make the dressing, combine olive oil, lemon juice and zest, apple cider vinegar, garlic, cayenne pepper, cumin, cinnamon, paprika, sea salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk until well blended.
- Combine dressing with chickpea salad, mix well and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve on a bed of baby lettuces with yogurt and pistachios as desired.