Give your chicken breasts an exotic kick with this Moroccan spiced recipe. The combination of aromatic spices gives the chicken a flavourful coating your taste buds will cheer for! There is nothing fancy or complicated about this recipe; you’d never guess by indulging in this mouth-watering dish!
Makes 4 servings
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 4 boneless, skinless free range chicken breasts, pound out to even thickness
- 2 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 2 organic Granny Smith apples, diced
- Combine 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon with the cumin, turmeric, chili powder, and sea salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle over both sides of chicken breasts, coating both sides evenly. Pat seasoning in well.
- Heat coconut oil in a large cast iron skillet. Sauté the chicken over Medium heat until cooked thru, about 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Sauté apple for 3 minutes over Medium heat. Sprinkle with remaining teaspoon cinnamon; cook and stir to coat. Spoon apples over chicken. Serve immediately. Goes great with steamed veggies or sautéed kale!