There is no need to give up pizza if you are following a Maximized Living Nutrition Plan. This easy and delicious grain-free crust is sure to satisfy your pizza cravings! Top it with your favourite meat protein and vegetables for an appetizing Friday night family dinner.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil plus additional for brushing
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 tsp basil
- 1⁄2 tsp oregano
- 1⁄4 tsp thyme
- 1⁄2 cup almond flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg (free range, grass fed)
- 3⁄4 cup plus 1 tablespoon warm water (105-115°F)
- Tomato paste or tomato sauce
- Pizza toppings
- Special equipment: an 11- to 12-inch pizza pan; an offset spatula
- Lightly oil pizza pan. Put oven rack in lowest position and preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix flour, salt, & spices and egg in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed. Add water and 1 teaspoon oil and mix until just combined, scraping down side of bowl occasionally. Mixture will be thin and more like a batter than a dough. Increase speed to high and beat until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon batter into center of pan and use wet offset spatula to spread to edges of pan in a thin layer.
- Cover crust with toppings of your choice. Bake until toppings are heated through, about 6 minutes (this will vary depending on toppings). Transfer pizza on pan to a rack to cool slightly, about 3 minutes.