Looking for a warm, creamy soup but don’t want all the extras that come along with it? Look no further! This delicious Roasted Cauliflower Soup makes a simple (only 5 ingredients) yet hearty dinner. Cauliflower is a good source of vitamin B, potassium, magnesium and protein, and a Superfood veggie like broccoli, kale, and Brussels sprouts. Try this soup on the next chilly Autumn night and as leftovers the next day.
Roasted Cauliflower Soup Recipe
Makes 6-8 servings
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cups water or stock
- Place whole head of cauliflower in a 9×13 inch Pyrex baking dish.
- Rub cauliflower with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Add ½ cup water to the dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 1 ½ hours, or until a knife cuts easily through the core.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and allow to cool.
- Coarsely chop and set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 15 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and 4 cups water or stock.
- Simmer until cauliflower is very soft, about 10 minutes.
- In a Vitamix, puree in very small batches until smooth.
- Transfer back to pot and bring to a simmer.