I was reminded of this recipe, originally created for GOOD FOOD, by Courtney from Nashville. Thanks, Courtney!
This garlicky vegetable side dish will leave you wanting seconds… for vegetables! A quick weeknight addition to any meal or a perfect side dish to bring along to a party. This favourite proves that vegetables do not have to be boring! Enjoy.
- 1 head (about 2 pounds) cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher or sea salt and ground pepper
- 1 tbsp organic butter
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp capers (more if you want – I often use half a small jar of capers including the juice)
- 1 bsp caper juice
- Trim, and cut cauliflower into small florets.
- Spread in a roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Toss to combine.
- Roast, tossing once or twice, until cauliflower is golden brown and tender, 20 to 25 minutes, in a hot oven ( 375 – 400 degrees)
- In a small skillet, melt butter and olive oil over medium to low heat.
- Gently saute garlic cloves, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add capers and caper juice.
- Pour over roasted cauliflower, and toss to coat.