This Roasted Vegetable Lasagna recipe takes a bit of preparation, but it is well worth the results and makes great leftovers for lunches! Prepare it when you have extra time, such as a Sunday afternoon so it will be ready to bake as your Meatless Monday Meal. And it’s Gluten-Free and Grain-Free as no noodles are needed either!
- 1 Large Eggplant, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1/2 lb medium Mushrooms, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 small Zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 Sweet Red Peppers, cut into 6 pieces each
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) container organic Ricotta Cheese, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 cup organic Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 (26 ounce) jar Pasta Sauce (check ingredients) or Homemade Sauce
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- 3 Tablespoons Basil, mined
- Spread eggplant and mushrooms onto a baking pan. Place zucchini, red peppers and onion on a second pan.
- Combine oil and garlic; brush over both sides of egg plant and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Turn vegetables over and cook 15 minutes more. Remove egg plant and mushrooms.
- Bake zucchini and red peppers for 5-10 minutes until edges are browned.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese and egg.
- Spread 1/2 cup pasta sauce in a 9″x 13″x 2″glass baking dish. Layer with half the ricotta cheese mixture, half of the vegetables, a third of the pasta sauce, 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with basil. Repeat layers. Top with remaining pasta sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until edges are bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.