Shortbread cookies are generally a holiday staple and are found as being packed with sugar. Almond flour serves as a great substitute for regular flour so you can enjoy the deliciousness and simplicity of shortbread cookies without breaking your diet plan. Like regular shortbread, this Maximized recipe is quick, simple and sure to be a crowd pleaser at your holiday parties or get-togethers. I really do love these around the holidays and are an amazing treat for your kids to set out on the big night!
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1½ tablespoons xylitol
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl until a batter forms, then use a tablespoon to scoop dough onto an un-greased cookie sheet. I gently flattened my cookies using a fork.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes, watching closely to ensure they don’t burn.
- Remove cookies from the oven when they are lightly golden brown, then cool on the pan for 10 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely before serving.