Who doesn’t love a sweet and savory combination? This delicious salad is sure to give you the best of both worlds. Satisfy the taste buds of a meat lover or vegetarian (omit the turkey/salmon) with it as an entree or side dish.
- 1 can chick peas (garbanzo beans)
- 6 cups organic mixed greens
- 2 cups organic spinach
- 1 cup walnuts, whole or coarsely chopped
- 4 handfuls blackberries (for garnish)
- 1-2 granny smith apples
- Organic roasted turkey or wild caught smoked salmon
- 1/2 cup organic gorgonzola cheese, optional
- 1 avocado, sliced, optional
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon grated onion or shallots
- 1 small clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon spoonable stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- In a non-toxic (non-teflon) skillet, heat the coconut oil over med-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook for about a minute.
- Add the blackberries and let break down (about 1-2 min). Pour in the vinegars and stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a blender or food processor and add the stevia, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth and add the olive oil slowly with blender or food processor. If you want to remove all seeds, strain through a mesh strainer.
- Place the greens on a plate. Put remaining ingredients as desired and drizzle with dressing.
For a nice presentation, put apples, blackberries, walnuts, and turkey in sections around the edges
of the greens.