Tandoori Chicken is a recipe that has been around for hundreds of years – there must be something about it that people love. The Indian/Asian flavors are enticing, and it is a lovely switch up for basic roasted chicken parts. This one also employs turmeric, which is so healthy and also responsible for the beautiful color of the chicken after it has been roasted. The photo is the basic Tandoori Chicken, right out of the oven. Beautiful, or what? That was our first meal with this recipe. But honestly, cold and cut Tandoori Chicken in a healthy salad with a drizzle of Balsamic vinagrette was our favorite meal.
Tandoori Chicken Salad Recipe
- 4 organic chicken breasts, thighs, or a combination
- 1 1/2 cups plain organic yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed or grated
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- salad of your choice
- Cut slits into chicken pieces.
- Mix yogurt, garlic, and spices in a large bowl and add chicken pieces, turning to coat with the yogurt mixture.
- Refrigerate for several hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place chicken on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake until brown and completely done, about 45 to 55 minutes. (Check with an instant-read thermometer).
- Serve with salad of your choice, pureed cauliflower, or roasted asparagus, or all.