Here’s a Vegan Pumpkin Pie for those who are vegan or lactose intolerant (and, frankly, who isn’t?), and want to eat less sugar. I tested this recipe this morning, and by 7:30PM it was 3/4 gone already! Read through to get the blueprint for the Vegan almond pie crust. Of course this pie makes a great addition to a Thanksgiving meal and is perfect for fall though it also makes a great no-egg, lactose-free and easy-to-make option for any gathering or snack.
Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Serves 4-8 slices
Vegan Almond Pie Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 pinch of stevia to very lightly sweeten (less is more)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can (preferably organic) pumpkin puree (no sugar or other additives, check the label)
- ¾ cup “Spoonable” brand stevia or equivalent (OR LESS – TASTE IT! Let the spices do the talking!)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- (freshly grated nutmeg if you have it on hand)
- 4 ounces organic coconut cream
- 8 ounces unsweetened almond milk, original or vanilla flavor
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Mix dry ingredients for pie crust. Add E.V.O.O. and thoroughly combine. Press crust dough into glass pie plate.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7 to 8 minutes. You don’t want the crust to brown.
- Remove pie crust from oven and let cool. Remember to turn up the oven to 425 once the crust is done. You bake the pumpkin pie at this higher temperature for just the first 15 minutes.
- Combine all the pumpkin filling ingredients. I use a high speed blender.
- Pour pumpkin filling into a cooled almond pie crust.
- Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 35 – 45 minutes.
- Decorate with pecans and enjoy.