http://www.drhardick.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Instagram_Winter-Minestrone.jpg 600 600 Kari Penner http://drhardick.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/img_DrHardick_logo.png Kari Penner2014-02-05 10:43:022017-07-14 16:09:54No-Noodle Winter Minestrone
Keep the winter out and the warmth in with this delicious and nutritious No-noodle Winter Minestrone. Packed with protein and seasoned to perfection, this thick vegetable soup will warm your insides on a cold day.
No-Noodle Winter Minestrone Recipe
Makes 6-8 servings
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 small celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 leeks, thin slices
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 (28 oz) can diced organic tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp: basil, oregano, thyme & rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1-2 cups cooked white beans
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, saute onions, with a pinch of salt, in olive oil until translucent.
- Add celery and leeks and saute until slightly browned.
- Add garlic and saute another two minutes.
- Pour in chicken stock and bring to a boil, scraping up all of the lovely browned bits with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in tomatoes, dried herbs, bay leaf and red pepper flakes.
- Add a good pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for at least 20 minutes, a couple of hours is even better.
- Ten minutes before serving, stir in white beans.