Zucchini is abundant this time of year, and is one of the vegetables you really want to buy organic. These tiny 3 Cheese Zucchini Bites make the perfect “amuse bouche” (appetizer or cocktail snack) before dinner, and they would be wonderful to pass around at a backyard party. When we tested this recipe, the two of us ate every last one, and would have eaten another batch.
If you grow your own Zucchini, please don’t use toxic pesticides and enjoy the bounty of your garden!
3 Cheese Zucchini Bites Recipe
Yield 15 – 18 mini muffins
- 1 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 organic egg
- ¼ cup raw organic parmesan cheese, finely grated
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 shallots, diced
- ¼ cup raw, organic grated cheese (I used a raw grated mozza/cheddar blend.)
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease 1 or 2 mini muffin tins with coconut oil.
- Grate the zucchini and then place in a dish towel to squeeze out the excess water. You have probably done something like this if you have used frozen spinach. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, onion, cheeses, almond flour, zucchini, salt and pepper.
- Using a spoon or a mini cookie scoop, fill the muffin cups to the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is browned and set.