https://www.drhardick.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Almond-Flour-Flax-Meal-Pizza-Dough.jpg 534 800 Lin Hardick https://www.drhardick.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/ximg_DrHardick_logo.png.pagespeed.ic_.oNZjRcGWRC.png Lin Hardick2011-09-12 23:44:002018-09-09 14:02:37Almond Flour Flax Meal Pizza Dough
Almond Flour Flax Meal Pizza Dough
FINALLY, a pizza dough that Maximized Living doctors and patients (and anyone else) can prepare, eat, and savour without feeling guilty or bloated, or both! This Almond Flour Flax Meal Pizza Dough is also the perfect gluten-free base for Paleo pizza creations too. Top it with your favorite “Maximized” pizza ingredients.
Almond Flour Flax Meal Pizza Dough Recipe
Makes 1 pizza dough; Serves 2-4
- 1 ¼ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup ground flax meal
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon aluminum free baking soda
- 1 organic egg, beaten with a whisk
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning of choice – Italian seasoning; roasted garlic powder (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together until they form a ball.
- Roll the “dough” into a ¼ inch pizza crust on a sheet pan with a silpat liner or piece of parchment paper.
- (To make this easier, top the dough with another piece of parchment paper when you roll it out; then peel off the parchment paper when you have it the way you want it.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Top with your favourite “Maximized” pizza ingredients. Left-over “Maximized” ingredients are fine.
- Return the pizza to the oven for another 10-15 minutes (this is a slow, lower heat pizza).
Original recipe available on GoodFood.
About Lin Hardick
Lin Hardick is a teacher, food writer and recipe developer, passionate about the health benefits, as well as the pitfalls, of the standard Western diet. "I have very definite ideas about what good food must be. Food brings people together. GOOD FOOD must look good; it must taste good; and, most importantly, it must be good for you. Enjoy." Learn More