These Almond Flour Lemon Bars are a sugar-free, gluten-free and paleo version of an old-fashioned favorite recipe that is great for any gathering. We love them for Sunday dinner dessert. Use powered Xylitol to top off the smooth, custardy filling and soft, chewy crust as it is generally considered a safe replacement for sugar and will not increase blood sugar.
Almond Flour Lemon Bars Recipe
Makes about 12-24
- 1 cup almond flour (fine ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons powdered xylitol
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons raw unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond flour (fine ground)
- 1/4 cup powdered xylitol – xylitol put in a coffee grinder till it is powdery and has the consistency of icing sugar
- 2 teaspoon stevia
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with unbleached parchment paper.
- Combine the almond flour, powdered xylitol, and sea salt in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, stir together coconut oil, butter and vanilla extract.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until thoroughly combined.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, until lightly golden.
- While the crust bakes, prepare the topping. In a blender or food processor (or by hand with a whisk), combine the almond flour, powdered xylitol, stevia, eggs, and lemon juice. Blend on Medium speed until smooth. Remove the crust from the oven. Pour the topping evenly over the hot crust.
- Pop back into oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees F until the topping is golden at edges.
- Let cool in the baking dish for 30 minutes, then refrigerate for 2 hours to set.
- Sprinkle with extra powdered xylitol (optional). Cut into bars and serve.