Ask most people what they think about when they think southern food, and one of the first things that comes to mind will be biscuits. Light, flaky, delicious, and so versatile; these Almond Flour Southern Biscuits compliment many different meals. Best served warm with butter, your favourite soup or eggs, or topped with organic berries. These maximized biscuits will definitely become a family favourite for weekend breakfasts, and many other meals.
Almond Flour Southern Biscuits Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil, organic butter, or ghee
- Scant 1/4 cup erythritol (like Swerve) or xylitol
- 2 organic eggs
- Juice of 1/2 small lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or use a baking stone.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, salt, baking soda, and sweetener.
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs coconut oil, and lemon juice.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Drop by 1/4 cups 2 inches apart on to the baking sheet and form into biscuit shapes with your fingers.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until just golden brown on top or a toothpick inserted into the center of a biscuit comes out clean.
- Serve warm.