Almond Protein Bars are a real staple on both the “Advanced” and the “Core” Maximized Living Nutrition Plan that you can eat with or without the chocolate topping. They make a wonderful lunchbox treat, but you do need to ensure that they stay cold. Take one of those tiny blue ice blocks in your lunch bag.
If you have seen this recipe before, but have had only limited success with it, try it again following these directions. We hope this helps. If not, please feel free to post a comment about any problems you might have had, and we will do our very best to help you.
Almond Protein Bars Recipe
Makes 20 to 24 squares
- 2 cups raw almonds
- ½ cup flax seed meal
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 scoops of organic whey protein, flavor of your choice
- ½ cup raw almond butter
- raw nuts and raw nut butters such as macademia (optional)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon of stevia, (equivalent to approximately 1/2 cup of sugar). Taste and adjust to your liking.
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract (No sugar – check the label)
- 8 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted and sweetened to taste with stevia and cinnamon
- Place almonds, flax meal, shredded coconut, Organic Whey Protein, almond butter and salt in a food processor. Add in raw nuts and raw nut butters as desired.
- Pulse briefly, about 10 seconds.
- In a small sauce pan, melt coconut oil over very low heat.
- Remove coconut oil from stove; stir stevia and vanilla into oil.
- Add coconut oil mixture to food processor and pulse until ingredients form a coarse paste.
- Press mixture into an 8 x 8 glass baking dish. (Parchment paper liner helps you remove the bars from the dish.)
- Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour, until mixture hardens.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate. Stirring in stevia and cinnamon.
- Spread melted chocolate over bars; return to refrigerator for 30 minutes, until chocolate hardens.
- Remove from refrigerator, cut into bars, and serve.