Amaretto Cappuccino Smoothie
If you were wondering if there was a way to “Maximize” an Iced Cappuccino, here it is! This Amaretto Cappuccino Smoothie is the perfect pick me up on a hot summer’s day…or anytime (it’s delicious). Unlike the sugary store bought version, this Iced Cappuccino gives you a boost using healthy fats, protein, and coffee!
Amaretto Cappuccino Smoothie Recipe
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 scoop chocolate, organic Whey Protein
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon “spoonable” stevia, or equivalent, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon raw almond butter
- 4 strong coffee “ice cubes”
- AHEAD OF TIME: Prepare an ice cube tray with strong coffee and freeze. I use approximately 10 oz. of water to 3 generous teaspoons of instant espresso powder, and mix the coffee in a drinking glass before pouring it into the ice cube tray. Adjust the strength of the coffee to your taste. Once frozen, keep the coffee ice cubes in a re‐sealable plastic bag in the freezer.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
DO NOT consume after 3:00 P.M.
Original recipe available on GoodFood.
About Lin Hardick
Lin Hardick is a teacher, food writer and recipe developer, passionate about the health benefits, as well as the pitfalls, of the standard Western diet. "I have very definite ideas about what good food must be. Food brings people together. GOOD FOOD must look good; it must taste good; and, most importantly, it must be good for you. Enjoy." Learn More