This is tasty way to serve up a plate of chicken wings as an appetizer, snack or meal any day of the week. Try this mouth-watering Baked Teriyaki Wings recipe if you are looking for a healthy alternative without sugar, especially for game day. It’s the perfect, savoury treat for your taste buds as a workout protein or your next party hit!
Baked Teriyaki Wings Recipe
Makes 3 pounds of wings
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of tamari
- 1 cup of stevia or xylitol
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger
- 3 pounds of fresh chicken wings
- Sesame seeds
- Whisk together the water, soy sauce, sugar, pineapple juice, vegetable oil, garlic, and ginger in a large glass or ceramic bowl until the Stevia has dissolved. Add the chicken wings, coat with the marinade, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease baking dishes, and set aside.
- Remove the chicken wings from the marinade, and shake off excess and place the chicken wings into the prepared baking dishes. Discard the remaining marinade. Bake the wings in the preheated oven until the chicken is cooked through and the glaze is evenly browned, about 1 hour.
- As soon as the chicken wings come out of the oven, sprinkle them with sesame seeds and garnish with fresh scallion.