An Italian-style vegetable and feta cheese topping is the perfect enhancement for this Baked Wild Halibut Steaks recipe. This light, baked halibut with the herbs and tomatoes will make you think it’s summer! Halibut is a lean, white fish with a wide range of health benefits as it is low in sodium, fat and calories, and a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, folic acid, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12. Serve alone or with a favourite side dish like Mashed NO-tatoes.
Baked Wild Halibut Steaks Recipe
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced organic zucchini
- 1/2 cup minced organic onion
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cups diced fresh organic tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) wild caught halibut steaks
- 1/3 cup crumbled imported Greek feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly grease a shallow baking dish with extra virgin olive oil.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir in zucchini, onion, and garlic. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Remove saucepan from heat and mix in tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange halibut steaks in a single layer in the prepared baking dish. Spoon equal amounts of the zucchini mixture over each steak. Top with feta cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork.