This Maximized version of a French favourite is definitely a must try! These Paleo Banana Crepes with Chocolate Fudge Sauce are thin, light, irresistible and versatile. You can mix up the stuffing and toppings with different kinds of fruit, or spread almond butter on the crepe before adding bananas; the possibilities are endless! Serve them for breakfast or dessert.
Paleo Banana Crepes with Chocolate Fudge Sauce Recipe
- 6 large organic free-range eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, melted plus more for the pan
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Whisk together all ingredients in a bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes while the pan heats so the coconut flour can absorb the liquid, then whisk again. Note: If you find the batter is too thin, add another couple teaspoons of coconut flour, and whisk again.
- Heat a crepe pan or iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in the pan and coat the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Pour ¼ cup of the batter into the hot pan, turning the pan in a circular motion with one hand so the batter spreads thinly around the pan. Alternatively, very quickly use a spatula to spread the batter. Fill any holes with a drop of batter, making sure the pan is fully covered.
- Cook for 1 minute until the edges start to lift. Gently work a spatula under the crepe and flip it over. Cook on the second side for 15 seconds and turn out onto a plate.
- Continue with the remaining batter, stacking the crepes on the plate as you work. Add a little more oil to the pan after about every 3 or 4 crepes or if they begin to stick.
Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- 1 cup coconut milk, warmed
- ½ cup unsweetened cacao powder
- ¾ cup pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
Note: If the dates are not fresh, soak them in boiling water for 10 minutes to soften before blending.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 30 seconds on high, until smooth. Serve as-is or warm over medium heat for 5 minutes for hot fudge sauce.
- Place a crepe on a plate. Slice bananas in a row across the crepe. Roll-up the crepe and drizzle chocolate fudge sauce across the top.