Everyone should have this Basic Chili recipe in their collection. It is healthy, easy to make, and travels well. Add organic ground beef or turkey to boost its protein content, or use it to make a taco salad (just pour it over greens with your favorite toppings)! Perfectly seasoned and spiced, this chili is sure to be a favourite in your household.
Basic Chili Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1⁄2 Cup Onion, Chopped or Grated
- 1⁄2 Cup Celery, Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Cup Green Pepper, Chopped
- 1 Can Kidney Beans or Black Beans
- 2 Teaspoons Oregano
- 2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 8 Ounce Can Organic Crushed-Tomatoes
- 1 – 1 1⁄2 Pounds Ground Bison, Grass Fed Beef, or Ground Turkey
- Optional: 1-12 Ounce Jar Prepared Salsa or Pasta sauce (check ingredients) This can be in addition to or to replace the tomatoes (depending on your consistency preference).
- In a large skillet melt oil and sauté onions, celery, garlic, and peppers until onion is translucent, 3-4 minutes.
- Add ground meat, oregano, chili powder, and cumin, continue cooking, stirring frequently, for 5-6 minutes.
- Pour salt, tomatoes, and salsa, if desired, into pot. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for a minimum of 1 hour for best flavor.
Recipe from Maximized Living Nutrition Plans.