Black Bean Slider
Looking for the perfect Meatless Monday meal? These spicy Black Bean Sliders are tough to resist, even for your meat-loving friends. Brown these flavourful, vegetarian and moist burger patties either on the backyard grill at a summer barbecue, or indoors in a skillet for a weeknight dinner. Or you can make miniature black bean sliders as an appetizer that vegetarians and carnivores will clamor for!
Black Bean Slider Recipe
Makes 6 patties
- 1-15 ounce can organic, low-sodium black beans – drained well
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- ¼ cup green onion – sliced, reserve a few for garnish
- jalapenos – diced, optional
- 1-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- lime wedges – garnish
- 6 Grainless Rolls
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add black beans. With the back of a fork smash about ¾ of the beans into a paste. Add to the bowl cumin, garlic, green onion, and jalapenos. Form beans into 6 patties, the same diameter of your biscuits. Set aside.
- Pop rolls in the oven now. Grill the grainless rolls.
- In a medium sized skillet heat EVOO over medium heat. Once hot, add bean patties and cook until browned about 5 minutes, flip and brown the other side.
- Serve immediately on Maximized Grainless Rolls or your bread of choice rolls. Garnish with green onion, a lime wedge, and your choice of yogurt sauce or mayonnaise, etc.
About Dr. B.J. Hardick
Dr. B.J. Hardick is a Doctor of Chiropractic and internationally-recognized natural health author and speaker. His health journey began as a child — alternative medicine is the only medicine he has ever known. In 2009, he authored his first book, Maximized Living Nutrition Plans. In 2018, he authored his second book, Align Your Health. An energizing and passionate speaker, Dr. Hardick shares his lifestyle methods to numerous professional and public audiences every year in the United States and Canada. His teachings encompass the principles of ancestral nutrition, detoxification, functional fitness, mindfulness, and green living. Learn More