Looking for the perfect Meatless Monday meal? These spicy Black Bean Sliders are tough to resist, even for your meat-loving friends. Brown these flavourful, vegetarian and moist burger patties either on the backyard grill at a summer barbecue, or indoors in a skillet for a weeknight dinner. Or you can make miniature black bean sliders as an appetizer that vegetarians and carnivores will clamor for!
Black Bean Slider Recipe
Makes 6 patties
- 1-15 ounce can organic, low-sodium black beans – drained well
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- ¼ cup green onion – sliced, reserve a few for garnish
- jalapenos – diced, optional
- 1-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- lime wedges – garnish
- 6 Grainless Rolls
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add black beans. With the back of a fork smash about ¾ of the beans into a paste. Add to the bowl cumin, garlic, green onion, and jalapenos. Form beans into 6 patties, the same diameter of your biscuits. Set aside.
- Pop rolls in the oven now. Grill the grainless rolls.
- In a medium sized skillet heat EVOO over medium heat. Once hot, add bean patties and cook until browned about 5 minutes, flip and brown the other side.
- Serve immediately on Maximized Grainless Rolls or your bread of choice rolls. Garnish with green onion, a lime wedge, and your choice of yogurt sauce or mayonnaise, etc.