Candy Cane Macaroons
Macaroons are delicious dessert packed with healthy fats. This Candy Cane Macaroon recipe puts a fun spin on traditional macaroons, which makes them the perfect treat to serve friends and family during the holidays and any other day you crave something sweet yet healthy. Goji berries are the perfect addition to this recipe as they are low on the glycemic index and provide a touch of sweetness… not to mention they look like candy canes!
Candy Cane Macaroons Recipe
Makes about 20
- 1 1/2 cups organic unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup raw almond meal
- 5 teaspoons spoonable steviapowder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup raw butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Handful of Goji Berries, chopped
- Line a baking sheet with all natural waxed paper or natural parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Place into fridge to set slightly, about 20 minutes.
- Use a melon baller or small spoon to scoop out little cookies. Place on lined baking sheet. Freeze to set.
- Serve when firmed up! These little cookies will stay firm for about 4-6 hours at room temp.
Recipe Courtesy of Healing Cuisine by Elise.
About Dr. B.J. Hardick
Dr. B.J. Hardick is a Doctor of Chiropractic and internationally-recognized natural health author and speaker. His health journey began as a child — alternative medicine is the only medicine he has ever known. In 2009, he authored his first book, Maximized Living Nutrition Plans. In 2018, he authored his second book, Align Your Health. An energizing and passionate speaker, Dr. Hardick shares his lifestyle methods to numerous professional and public audiences every year in the United States and Canada. His teachings encompass the principles of ancestral nutrition, detoxification, functional fitness, mindfulness, and green living. Learn More