Carrot Hummus Recipe
This creamy and sweet hummus recipe is a unique crowdpleaser to serve at your next Thanksgiving or holiday dinner — or even just an everyday occasion! Made from roasted carrots with flavourful cumin, coriander, and fennel seeds, it’s healthy yet bursting with taste. This healthy carrot hummus is great served with raw veggies, garlic parmesan flax crackers, or multi-grain crackers.
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 10 carrots, peeled and cut into 2cm slices
- 1 head garlic, peeled and crushed
- 25 g pumpkin seeds
- Black pepper
- Cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, toasted and crushed
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, toasted and crushed
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel carrots and a slice ¼ inch thick then place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add peeled and crushed garlic.
- Add salt, pepper, oil, seeds, and toss together. Lay mixture on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Roast carrots in the oven for 30-40 minutes until al dente. They should be cooked but still have some resistance when poked with a pairing knife. Then allow them to cool to room temperature.
- Place roasted carrots and all other ingredients into a food processor.
- Pulse ingredients until crushed but still chunky.