Cheesy Paleo Crackers
If cheese crackers are your biggest weakness then these Cheesy Paleo Crackers are the perfect snack. They are grain-free, sugar-free, and great for those who do Paleo to include dairy since cheese is an excellent dietary source of calcium and protein. You can proudly serve these crunchy, addictive crackers with your favourite dip for football season or any other special occasion year-round for an appetizer that is as delicious as traditional kinds.
Cheesy Paleo Crackers Recipe
Makes 20 crackers (1 inch each)
- 1 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup freshly grated organic cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Grapeseed oil
- 1 large organic egg
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C.
- Grate 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda and cheese. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the egg and oil. Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until well-combined.
- Cut two pieces of parchment paper the size of your baking sheet Put one piece of parchment on cutting board and put dough on top, or half the dough if baking on small baking sheet Put second piece of parchment on top of the dough and roll out with rolling pin until dough covers the parchment sheet. (It’s fairly important to roll it out the same thickness or the thinner pieces will burn)
- Remove top parchment and score dough into pieces 2 inches square with pizza cutter. Slide the parchment with the cut dough onto baking sheet and bake crackers 12-15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Let crackers cool on the baking sheet for 30 minutes and then break apart crackers.
About Kari Penner
Kari Penner, BA, MA (in process) is a Wellness Coach and works at Shine Dental. She has spent most of the past decade studying Wellness, Nutrition, Toxicity and has been a professional Life Coach since 2001. In 2011, she started her Master’s of Counseling at Providence Seminary. Learn More