https://www.drhardick.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Chili-Lime-Butter-For-Fish.jpg 534 800 Lin Hardick https://www.drhardick.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/ximg_DrHardick_logo.png.pagespeed.ic_.oNZjRcGWRC.png Lin Hardick2010-01-15 22:39:002018-09-09 14:09:54Chili Lime Butter for Fish
Chili Lime Butter for Fish
Everyone loves to add a dollop of Chili Lime Butter over steamed vegetables, or on a piece of flax seed bread. This is a great substitute for your usual toppings, adds a great flavor and it is great for a variety of different dishes not just fish. I always make a double batch of it!
Chili Lime Butter for Fish Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted organic butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh Serrano or Jalapeno chili, equivalent to approximately one average sized chili, (including seeds or not, depending on how much heat you want)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients. (I use a food processor.)
- Serve a dollop of this butter with each fillet of any whitefish you prepare.
Original recipe available on GoodFood.
About Lin Hardick
Lin Hardick is a teacher, food writer and recipe developer, passionate about the health benefits, as well as the pitfalls, of the standard Western diet. "I have very definite ideas about what good food must be. Food brings people together. GOOD FOOD must look good; it must taste good; and, most importantly, it must be good for you. Enjoy." Learn More