Chocolate Cherry Bars Recipe
You don’t have to sacrifice taste for health with these delectable homemade chocolate cherry squares — the perfect holiday treat for the season! Bring this healthy dessert to family potlucks, Christmas dinners, and holiday parties. These easy chocolate cherry bars will make a great addition to any event — just make sure you save some for yourself!
- ½ cup dark chocolate
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp cherry bitters – available at Jill’s Table in London, Ontario or online
- ¾ tsp stevia
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup ground chia seeds (or flax)
- 1 tbsp egg white powder
- 1 package creamed coconut (meat not milk)
- Pulse crust ingredients in the food processor until a dough consistency is achieved but small chunks remain.
- Press crust into the bottom of a 10-inch square baking dish.
- Place all filling ingredients in a small pot and heat on low until completely melted.
- Pour on top of the crust and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cut into bite-size squares and enjoy.
- These are best kept in the fridge or freezer and enjoyed within a week.