Rich, chocolatey, mouth-watering…. and 100% Maximized! This decadent Chocolate Torte makes a perfect flour-less and sugar-free dessert for any excuse you can find. Make it even more delicious by topping it with fresh organic heavy whipping cream or fresh organic strawberries, or just sprinkle it with powdered xylitol. My mouth is watering just thinking about it! You can even make ahead and freeze it.
Chocolate Torte Recipe
Makes 1 cake
- 2 cups pecans
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (no sugar – check the label)
- Stevia equivalent to approximately 1 cup of sugar, or to taste
- 1/2 cup water (or unsweetened almond milk – I use the chocolate flavor) (You could use coffee.)
- Strawberry sauce (made by putting a bag of organic frozen strawberries in a small pot with a few drops of water and some stevia to taste until it is hot)
- whipped fresh organic heavy whipping cream.
- extra powdered xylitol
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Process pecans in food processor ‐ pulse until they are meal, not quite as small as corn meal.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and pulse again.
- Add the wet ingredients and process until well‐blended.
- Pour into a cake pan or spring form pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. The exact time will vary with the pan. Start checking at 20 minutes. When you can smell it baking, it is a good time to start checking for doneness. When toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, the torte is done.
- After cooling, place in refrigerator to chill it.
- Serve alone, or top with a strawberry sauce or whipped fresh organic heavy whipping cream.