Here is a wonderful Cinnamon Ice Cream recipe that I found on a great website, Tropical Traditions, that features coconut, a massively healthy ingredient. I only made tiny changes to the original recipe as the coconut milk alreaduy makes this ice cream rich, delicious, vegan, and dairy-free. Coconut milk contains healthy saturated fatty acids which can can help lower cholesterol levels and improve blood pressure. Decorate your dishes with cinnamon sticks, sliced fruit, berries or raw nuts. Serve it alone or with your favourite pancakes, cookies, pie, crisp (or cobbler) or cake.
Cinnamon Ice Cream Recipe
- 27 oz full fat coconut milk (In Canada, that’s just under two cans, but I used two full cans. . .you can never have too much coconut milk)
- 2 organic egg yolks
- 2 droppers full of liquid stevia, or powdered stevia (equal to approximately 1/4 to 1/2 cup of sugar)
- 2 tablespoons melted grass-fed or organic butter
- 2-3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract – check the label to ensure there is no sugar in the ingredients
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the blended mixture into an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s directions. I have an older ice cream maker, so I turned it on and added the mixture about 5 to 10 minutes before we sat down for dinner. By the time we were ready for dessert, dessert was ready!