Cinnamon Strawberry Flax Muffins
Cinnamon Strawberry Flax Muffins are the perfect grab-and-go breakfast without the sugar and additives of traditional muffins. Ensure your mornings stay Maximized with this tasty recipe as it’s full of fiber, healthy fats (I highly recommend you add the nuts), and one of the most delicious and healthiest spices on the planet, cinnamon. The recipe will keep for a week in the refrigerator or 3 months in the freezer (use fresh berries).
Cinnamon Strawberry Flax Muffins Recipe
Makes about 12 muffins
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries or blueberries
- 1 1/4 cup flax seed meal
- 1/2 cup “Spoonable” brand Stevia (or equivalent – I use 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon KAL brand concentrated Stevia powder)
- 1 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large organic free-range eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla (no sugar – check ingredients)
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel (optional)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Line muffin tins with paper or silicone liners.
- Chop strawberries into a medium sized dice.
- Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients (minus the strawberries) separately, then, mix them together.
- Let mixture stand for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Fold in strawberries.
- Fill each muffin cup about half way, and sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
About Lin Hardick
Lin Hardick is a teacher, food writer and recipe developer, passionate about the health benefits, as well as the pitfalls, of the standard Western diet. "I have very definite ideas about what good food must be. Food brings people together. GOOD FOOD must look good; it must taste good; and, most importantly, it must be good for you. Enjoy." Learn More