High in protein, fiber and vitamin B6, this Classic Hummus recipe makes a great healthy dish that is super easy to make. For a slightly smoother hummus, you could use skinless chickpeas though you add ten minutes more prep time. Typically, hummus is served alongside falafel, eggplant and tahini sauce (optional just add more olive oil), and can be garnished with chickpeas, pine nuts, chopped tomatoes, cucumber slices, parsley or cilantro, or olive oil. Pair it with grainless crackers or raw veggies (especially celery) for a healthy everyday snack, or party appetizer!
Classic Hummus Recipe
- 1 can Chick Peas (aka garbanzo beans)
- 2 tablespoons reserved liquid from chick peas
- 2 cloves Garlic, pressed or minced
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-2 tablespoons of tahini (seasame paste)
- Sea Salt
- Fresh parsley
- Cayenne Pepper
- Put chick peas, reserved liquid, lemon juice, salt, tahini and garlic in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Slowly add the olive oil. You can add more or less to your desired consistency.
Recipe from Maximized Living Nutrition Plans