Cucumber Mint Cashew Salad
Cucumber Salad Recipe with Mint
This creamy dressing takes cucumber salad to the next level. When you blend mint, cashews, and avocado, something wonderful happens. Full of healthy fats, the dressing pairs perfectly with the juicy, cool, and refreshing cucumber spirals. This easy cucumber salad recipe also makes a healthy light base for all your favourite proteins. Try it out for dinner or lunch!
- 2 cups mint
- ½ cup cilantro
- ½ cup basil
- ½ cup coconut cream
- juice of 1.5 lemons
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup cashews
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tbsp pickled red onion
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp water (to thin if needed)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups spiralized cucumber (pat dry)
- ¼ cup dressing
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch fresh picked basil leaves
- ¼ cup toasted cashews
- Measure the dressing ingredients and blend on high speed for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Wash and spiralize the cucumber and pat dry with paper towel. Add enough dressing to coat the noodles.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Sprinkle garnish on top and enjoy!
About Trevor Ross
As graduate of Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts Institute, London born Chef Trevor Ross opened Calgary's Starbelly Restaurant in 2015. Eager to continue creating, he founded The Grass Roots of Food; adapting global cuisines into a nutritious, yet delicious in-home personal chef services for an affluent social class. He specializes in catering, interactive cooking demonstrations as well as consulting. As a strong advocate of scratch cooking, Trevor adds a healthy twist to classic cravings. Whether serving celebrities, business moguls, elite athletes or his family, Trevor's creative approach focuses on real, wholesome ingredients that encourage the entire body to thrive. In 2013, Trevor Ross Launched his website, https://cheftrevorross.com/ in order to extend the reach of his culinary efforts.