Who doesn’t love cucumbers, especially when they are locally available? Here’s a Cucumber Yogurt Salad recipe that is a deliciously cold and crisp salad, but not included in GOOD FOOD simply because it is so easy to make. Best of all, cucumbers make a refreshing snack to help you keep hydrated and flush out toxins from your body.
Cucumber Yogurt Salad Recipe
Serves 1 to 2
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and quartered lengthwise then sliced
- 1 cup (approximately) organic, full fat, plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried dill, or a couple of teaspoons of fresh dill
- sprinkling of kosher salt and pepper
- First taste the cucumbers to make sure that they are not bitter. Depending on the variety of cucumber you are using, and many other factors, you may find a cucumber that is distinctly bitter in taste. If this happens, soak the cucumber slices in (kosher or sea) salted water for half an hour, or longer, until the bitterness is reduced, then rinse and drain before using.
- To make the salad, simply gently mix together the ingredients.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Note: If you don’t like dill, prepare this summer cucumber salad using marjoram.