Double up your veggie intake with this Roasted Vegetables recipe. It’s a healthy side dish for any dinner, holiday meal, or potluck, and can be tailored to fit whatever vegetables are in season, and also can be seasoned many different ways. If following the core plan, try mixing in carrots or sweet potatoes for extra flavour and breadth.
Double-Up Roasted Veggies Recipe
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme (or ½ tsp dried thyme)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh basil (or ¼ tsp dried basil)
- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 3 bell peppers (any color), sliced
- 1 1-pound eggplant, quartered lengthwise, cut into slices
- 2 organic yellow squash cut into rounds
- 2 organic zucchini cut into rounds
- 15-20 brussels sprouts (cut larger ones in half)
- Coarse kosher salt
Optional (Core Plan Additions)
- organic potatoes
- organic sweet potatoes
- organic carrots
- Whisk vinegar and mustard in medium bowl. Gradually whisk in oil.
- Stir in garlic, thyme, and basil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss vegetables with the dressing; toss to coat.
- Divide between 2 large rimmed baking sheets.
- Roast until vegetables are tender and slightly brown around edges, about 35 minutes.