Fried fish does not have to be unhealthy and with very minor changes, you can enjoy fish that your children won’t feed to the cat. Crusting the fish in coconut flour and pan-frying it in coconut oil will give you a similar finish to your typical fish fry. This Fish Fry Dinner is packed with protein and healthy fats, and is perfect for a weeknight meal.
Fish Fry Dinner Recipe
- 1 to 2 pounds of wild caught fresh or frozen fish of your choice, such as Flounder, Grouper, Red Snapper, Amberjack or White fish of all varieties. Note: Thawed wild caught frozen fish is perfectly acceptable and very affordable.
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of coconut flour
- salt, pepper, cayenne, lemon pepper – choose your favorite seasonings
- 2 to 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- lemon wedges (optional)
- When the rest of your dinner is prepared and your table is set, heat the coconut oil in a large skillet. (This process takes very little time, but requires your full attention.)
- Lightly season your fish, and then dust or dredge in the coconut flour.
- Sauté the fish in coconut oil over medium high heat for approximately 3 to 4 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of your fish, until the coating is golden brown and the fish is cooked, and flakes to the touch.
- Serve immediately garnished with lemon wedges (optional).