It’s time to re-instate Taco Tuesday in your house! If you have never tried fish tacos before, now is a perfect time for this tasty Fish Tacos with Baja Slaw recipe. Fish is a great high protein alternative to chicken or turkey, and tacos are a super quick meal for a weeknight that your kids are going to love! This light and fresh recipe is a great way to mix up your weekly dinner routine, and the leftovers are great for lunch (not that there will be any). Serve this recipe either by itself or with a side of avocado.
Fish Tacos with Baja Slaw Recipe
- Wild-caught white fish
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 head cabbage
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 large onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- Any hot pepper you like (jalepeno, poblano, etc)
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- Season fish with salt, pepper and chili powder to taste and grill or broil to desired doneness.
- Slice cucumber, cabbage, tomatoes, onion and peppers very thin.
- Add cliantro, salt, pepper, grapefuit juice and lime juice.
- Let marinate for at least 30 minutes for best flavor.
- Serve for Advanced Plan: slaw on a plate and top with fish, or Core Plan: put fish in a sprouted grain tortilla and top with slaw.