Grass-Fed Swedish Meatballs
These Grass-Fed Swedish Meatballs are loaded with protein and meaty goodness! Keep them warm in a Crockpot, and serve them as is or on toothpicks as appetizers. Either way, they are the perfect take-a-long dish to your next event, or a simple comfort food dish at home with zoodles, rice, or mashed no-tatoes. They do require quite a bit of preparation, so make sure to allot yourself enough time. Trust me, they are worth the work!
Grass-Fed Swedish Meatballs Recipe
- ½ pound ground grass-fed beef
- ½ pound ground organic turkey
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup whole milk ricotta
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ small onion
- 1 organic egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups bone broth
- 3/4 cup raw cashew pieces, soaked overnight and drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- To make the meatballs, place all the ingredients except olive oil in a large bowl and mix to combine. Shape into one inch balls and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non stick skillet. Add about 1/3 of the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until well browned on all sides, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer the meatballs to a plate and repeat with the remaining meatballs.
- Meanwhile, place all the ingredients for the gravy in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Once all the meatballs are cooked, transfer them back to the skillet and pour the gravy all over them. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, cover, and simmer until the meatballs are cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Serve the meatballs, skewered on a platter with a dollop of the sauce and sprinkled with fresh parsley.
Gravy recipe adapted from the Healthy Foodie.
About Dr. B.J. Hardick
Dr. B.J. Hardick is a Doctor of Chiropractic and internationally-recognized natural health author and speaker. His health journey began as a child — alternative medicine is the only medicine he has ever known. In 2009, he authored his first book, Maximized Living Nutrition Plans. In 2018, he authored his second book, Align Your Health. An energizing and passionate speaker, Dr. Hardick shares his lifestyle methods to numerous professional and public audiences every year in the United States and Canada. His teachings encompass the principles of ancestral nutrition, detoxification, functional fitness, mindfulness, and green living. Learn More