Jalapeno, Basil, & Avocado Dip Recipe
Making your own dip is a great way to avoid unhealthy fats, sugars, and preservatives found in store-bought dips. Spice up your healthy dip with this bold variation that features avocado, basil, and jalapeno. Basil is a powerhouse herb, with anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and immunity-enhancing properties. The addition of jalapeno provides a nice kick, and you can adjust the amount of jalapeno to make this easy dip recipe as spicy as you’d like. Serve it as a party dip alongside cut up veggies, homemade Multi-Grain Crackers, or Savoury Flax Crackers.
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 seedless jalapeno (1/2 for less spicy)
- 2 cloves peeled garlic
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ tsp Himalayan sea salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Pick, wash, and dry the basil.
- Cut jalapeno open, remove seeds, and roughly chop.
- Place all ingredients except the oil in the base of a food processor and blend for 30 seconds until smooth.
- If your machine isn’t as strong, mince the garlic and basil first so everything mixes well.
- With the processor on, slowly drizzle the oil until smooth and incorporated.
- Adjust with salt and pepper to taste.