There is something about creamy pasta that makes every family happy and this Keto Carbonara does not disappoint. If you’re looking for a healthy option to make for dinner this coconut variation is sure to satisfy. Want to know the best part? Afterwards you’ll feel light and nourished rather than bloated and tired!
Keto Carbonara Recipe
Yield: 6 people
- 3 Packages miracle spaghetti noodles
- 1 LG can Coconut Cream (unsweetened & thick)
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 8 Cloves Garlic – Minced
- 2 tbsp Chopped Thyme (fresh or dried)
- ½ cup Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Salt (adjust to taste)
- 2 tbsp Avocado
- 1 cup Spanish Onion – Sliced Thin
- 1 pound Shiitake Mushrooms – Sliced Thin
- 1 tbsp Chopped Parsley (Optional)
- Chili Flakes (Optional)
- Grated Nut Cheese Of Choice
Coconut Bacon Ingredients
- 2 cups Dried Sliced Coconut (unsweetened)
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil (enough to ever my coat)
- ½ tbsp Sweet Paprika
- ½ tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp Tamari
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Gather and measure all your ingredients first then begin by peeling and cutting the garlic, onions, herbs and mushrooms. Keep everything
separate until you’re ready to cook.
- Combine all coconut bacon ingredients in a mixing bowl and spread evenly on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes. Then, stir the coconut every 2 minutes and continue to bake until it becomes brown and crispy. Allow to cool.
- Rinse Miracle Noodles under cold water and boil them for 2 minutes before draining. Shake to remove excess liquid.
- On medium-high heat, sauté the sliced onions and mushrooms in avocado oil for 5 minutes then add the minced garlic and continue to cook
until golden brown. Try not to crowd the pan so the mushrooms and add more oil if the mushrooms soak up all the oil. Although it creates more
work, if you cook the ingredients in smaller batches on higher heat it will create more flavor. Once cooked, lower the heat.
- While the mushrooms cook whisk together the eggs, coconut cream, yeast, olive oil and thyme.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the pan and continue to cook on low for 1 minute while scraping all the flavor off the bottom of the pan. Add
the strained noodles and combine.
- If the coconut cream you are using is thin you may have to cook for an additional two minutes, however if it is too thick you can add water
one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency.
- Top your carbonara with the coconut bacon, chili flakes and chopped parsley and grated nut cheese if you would like.