Delicious blueberries mixed in with the light flavor and airy texture of coconut flour will make this Maximized Blueberry Pancakes recipe your new favourite breakfast or snack! These blueberry pancakes are free from wheat and other grains, and have a low score on the glycemic index from the almond flour and coconut flour. No more boxed pancake mixes for your family!
Maximized Blueberry Pancake Recipe
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup (115 g) almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour, finely ground
- 1 teaspoon (3.5 g) baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 organic eggs
- 1/4 cup (60ml) full fat organic milk
- 4 drops liquid stevia
- seeds scraped from one vanilla bean
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) fresh organic blueberries
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) coconut oil, for greasing
- ½ cup fresh organic blueberries
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- Place the eggs, stevia drops, vanilla and milk in a small bowl and whisk well.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients, whisk until just combined, do not overmix. Gently stir in the blueberries.
- Preheat a large pan over medium heat. Lightly grease the pan with coconut oil.
- For each pancake, spoon ¼ cup of the pancake mixture onto pan. Cook until surface of pancakes have some bubbles and sides of the pancake firm up, about 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully flip the pancakes with a thin spatula, and cook the underside, for another 45 seconds. Continue with remaining mixture.
- Serve the pancakes warm, topped with fresh blueberries.