Maximized Grainless Rolls
These Maximized Grainless Rolls are a healthy replacement for hamburger buns or dinner rolls. They are 100% grain-free and sugar-free, so they are ideal for the Maximized Living Advanced Nutrition Plan.
Big thanks to my co-author, Kimberly Roberto, for passing on to us this modification of the recipe she found on MariaMindBodyHealth.com! We use these for Advanced Plan Barbeques, traditional “bread and butter”, and anytime someone is looking for a bread or carb “fix!”. Unlike a lot of other recipes out there for “paleo bread,” this one sticks together incredibly well, and has a delicious texture. Try it out — and let me know in the comments what you think.
You can rest-assured, your health need never suffer from eating a burger again!
By the way, they also freeze beautifully. . . .if they last that long.
Maximized Grainless Rolls Recipe
Makes 4 burger-size buns
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 5 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
- 2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 tespoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 organic eggs or 3 organic egg whites
- 1 cup boiling water
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- Add the eggs and apple cider vinegar and mix well.
- Add the boiling water and continue to mix until well combined. It will turn into a very sticky dough.
- Split the mixture into 5 rolls. You will want to form them into nicely shaped rolls and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
Original recipe available on GoodFood.
About Lin Hardick
Lin Hardick is a teacher, food writer and recipe developer, passionate about the health benefits, as well as the pitfalls, of the standard Western diet. "I have very definite ideas about what good food must be. Food brings people together. GOOD FOOD must look good; it must taste good; and, most importantly, it must be good for you. Enjoy." Learn More