https://www.drhardick.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Instagram_Moroccan-Spiced-Chicken.jpg 600 600 Kari Penner https://www.drhardick.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/ximg_DrHardick_logo.png.pagespeed.ic_.oNZjRcGWRC.png Kari Penner2013-10-04 12:00:132018-01-14 11:47:49Moroccan Spiced Chicken
Moroccan Spiced Chicken
Give your chicken breasts an exotic kick with this Moroccan Spiced Chicken recipe. The combination of aromatic spices gives the chicken a flavourful coating your taste buds will cheer for, with added health benefits to fight inflammation! There is nothing fancy or complicated about this recipe; you’d never guess by indulging in this mouth-watering dish.
Moroccan Spiced Chicken Recipe
Makes 4 servings
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 boneless, skinless free range chicken breasts, pound out to even thickness
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 2 organic Granny Smith apples, diced
- Combine 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon with the cumin, turmeric, chili powder, and sea salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle over both sides of chicken breasts, coating both sides evenly. Pat seasoning in well.
- Heat coconut oil in a large cast iron skillet. Sauté the chicken over Medium heat until cooked thru, about 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Sauté apple for 3 minutes over Medium heat. Sprinkle with remaining teaspoon cinnamon; cook and stir to coat. Spoon apples over chicken. Serve immediately. Goes great with steamed veggies or sautéed kale!
About Kari Penner
Kari Penner, BA, MA (in process) is a Wellness Coach and works at Shine Dental. She has spent most of the past decade studying Wellness, Nutrition, Toxicity and has been a professional Life Coach since 2001. In 2011, she started her Master’s of Counseling at Providence Seminary. Learn More