This Organic Lemon Chili Chicken recipe is a great a family summer grilling favorite to help you stay away from sugar-loaded, commercial bar-b-que sauces, and it’s also a perfectly healthy dinner any time of the year. I really hope that once you try this recipe, you will use it on the outdoor grill or a ceramic-coated grill pan inside year round. (See GOOD FOOD for more notes about ceramic coated cookware.) You’ll never be tempted by those nasty, sugar-laden bottled sauces again.
Organic Lemon Chili Chicken Recipe
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (or lime juice)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 organic, antibiotic free, free range, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Combine all ingredients except chicken.
- Pour 80% to 85% of the marinade into a heavy duty zip-lock bag. (Reserve the remainder of the marinade for basting the chicken during grilling.)
- Add chicken; close bag and zip to seal. Place in bowl or baking dish and refrigerate for 2-6 hours.
- When ready to cook, discard the marinade left in the zip-lock bag. Prepare and preheat grill. Cook chicken for 12-18 minutes, turning once and brushing frequently with reserved marinade, until chicken is thoroughly cooked.