Organic Lemon Chili Chicken
This Organic Lemon Chili Chicken recipe is a great a family summer grilling favorite to help you stay away from sugar-loaded, commercial bar-b-que sauces, and it’s also a perfectly healthy dinner any time of the year. I really hope that once you try this recipe, you will use it on the outdoor grill or a ceramic-coated grill pan inside year round. (See GOOD FOOD for more notes about ceramic coated cookware.) You’ll never be tempted by those nasty, sugar-laden bottled sauces again.
Organic Lemon Chili Chicken Recipe
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (or lime juice)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 organic, antibiotic free, free range, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Combine all ingredients except chicken.
- Pour 80% to 85% of the marinade into a heavy duty zip-lock bag. (Reserve the remainder of the marinade for basting the chicken during grilling.)
- Add chicken; close bag and zip to seal. Place in bowl or baking dish and refrigerate for 2-6 hours.
- When ready to cook, discard the marinade left in the zip-lock bag. Prepare and preheat grill. Cook chicken for 12-18 minutes, turning once and brushing frequently with reserved marinade, until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Original recipe available on GoodFood.
About Lin Hardick
Lin Hardick is a teacher, food writer and recipe developer, passionate about the health benefits, as well as the pitfalls, of the standard Western diet. "I have very definite ideas about what good food must be. Food brings people together. GOOD FOOD must look good; it must taste good; and, most importantly, it must be good for you. Enjoy." Learn More