As soon as the leaves start to change and weather starts to cool, everyone seems to go crazy for pumpkin! From pumpkin lattes to pumpkin muffins- everyone wants more of that delicious orange gourd. This Paleo Pumpkin Bread recipe is sure to satisfy your cravings for pumpkin and bread. Maximized with all the comfort of fall without added sugar or grains.
Paleo Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Makes 1 loaf
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (regular pumpkin or butternut squash may also be used)
- 6 large organic eggs
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon ghee or butter melted
- 1/4 cup dates just covered with boiling water. Let sit for 5 mins to soften dates.
- 8-12 drops Now Brand Better Stevia French Vanilla flavoured stevia (unflavoured stevia is fine too)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
Note: If you prefer a more “spicy” flavour, use heaping teaspoons of the spices.
- In the food processor process the pumpkin puree
- Add the eggs, melted ghee or butter, dates and stevia and process
- Add the almond flour, 1/4 cup of the coconut flour, salt and all the spices and process
- If the batter is still loose, add the remaining 1/4 cup coconut flour. The batter to be thick and pourable.
- Divide the batter into the three 7” or two 9” loaf pans
- Smooth the batter in the pan and with a spatula bring the batter away from the sides
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- If it is still not cooked inside, cover with oven safe material and bake another 5 minutes
- Cool on a rack