In the mood for Middle Eastern cuisine? Try this Paleo Superfood Tabouli (also known as Tabbouli or Tabbouleh). This vegan dish is gluten-free as it includes Hemp Seeds, a Superfood, instead of bulgur (cracked wheat). Remember that all the ingredients must be finely chopped for the right texture of Tabouli, especially the parsley. You could also use lemon juice instead of lime juice, add chopped green or red onions, omit the cucumbers, or add more olive oil to for a taste that best suits you and your guests as everything we cook is about the palate of who we cook for. For the best results, cover and refrigerate the tabouli for 30 minutes then serve.
Paleo Superfood Tabouli Recipe
Makes 2-4 servings
- 1 cup English hothouse cucumbers, diced (If you use American cucumbers, remove the skin and most of the seeds then proceed to chop.)
- 2 cups organic tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Celtic sea salt
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl and serve.
Recipe inspired by Epic Self.