Paleo Superfood Tabouli
In the mood for Middle Eastern cuisine? Try this Paleo Superfood Tabouli (also known as Tabbouli or Tabbouleh). This vegan dish is gluten-free as it includes Hemp Seeds, a Superfood, instead of bulgur (cracked wheat). Remember that all the ingredients must be finely chopped for the right texture of Tabouli, especially the parsley. You could also use lemon juice instead of lime juice, add chopped green or red onions, omit the cucumbers, or add more olive oil to for a taste that best suits you and your guests as everything we cook is about the palate of who we cook for. For the best results, cover and refrigerate the tabouli for 30 minutes then serve.
Paleo Superfood Tabouli Recipe
Makes 2-4 servings
- 1 cup English hothouse cucumbers, diced (If you use American cucumbers, remove the skin and most of the seeds then proceed to chop.)
- 2 cups organic tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Celtic sea salt
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl and serve.
Recipe inspired by Epic Self.
About Dr. B.J. Hardick
Dr. B.J. Hardick is a Doctor of Chiropractic and internationally-recognized natural health author and speaker. His health journey began as a child — alternative medicine is the only medicine he has ever known. In 2009, he authored his first book, Maximized Living Nutrition Plans. In 2018, he authored his second book, Align Your Health. An energizing and passionate speaker, Dr. Hardick shares his lifestyle methods to numerous professional and public audiences every year in the United States and Canada. His teachings encompass the principles of ancestral nutrition, detoxification, functional fitness, mindfulness, and green living. Learn More